Sunday, September 13, 2009

Feeling Contemplative?

Then come on over to www.iheartfaces.com and check out all the great entries this week in the competition 'Contemplative'.





I have some pictures that fit this catagory that are sad...some very, very sad...but I wanted to go with something more wistful, thoughtful....this one of my baby girl makes me smile whenever I look at it. It also puts me in the mood for the up coming holidays, my most very favorite time of the year.

Can you guess which book and movie she was obsessed with at the time? Yep, 'The Polar Express'! She found this bell at the bottom of her toybox and was convinced beyond a doubt that it had fallen off one of Santa's Reindeer.

She would hold it near her ear and give it a gentle shake...I love this picture of her, so innocent, so ready to BELIEVE in magic :)

...the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.

Can YOU hear the bell ring?


24 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

That's just absolutely adorable. Love the B&W too. The perfect moment captured. :)

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

tiarastantrums said...

simply stunning

Unknown said...

I really love this picture. It is totally contemplative. She is ADORABLE as can be! So sweet!

Yelena R. said...

What a lovely shot!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Just beautiful. She is stunning, great shot, and beautiful processing.

Rosina said...

What a clear, sharp photo! I am sure as she "believed", there was so much she was contemplating, the where? and the what if's?. I especially love the black and white, and the contrast. It's just beautiful. :)

Bridgette said...

How precious!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Stunning.

MadeInCanarias said...

She is so cute! Great photo!

Melissa G said...

Oh how precious!!!
The black and white is great too!

Heather said...

Lovely ... black and white looks great here.

Annette said...

Adorable, lovely!

Monika said...

Beautiful!!

Suburban Girl said...

Listening to the bell and thinking of Christmas? Wishing? How perfect.

Thanks for your comment on my blog...it made me take a 2nd look at why I did what I did. I posted a response in my comment section. I like that you made me think!

Foursons said...

Beautiful photo! The contrast in the darks and lights is perfect and the picture is so crystal clear. With the sweet story behind the photo I don't think it gets much better than this!

Patti H said...

just beautiful

Maureen said...

Awww what a beautiful picture! Love the B&W. My son loves the Polar Express too but unfortunately I still haven't found the right sleigh bell like in the movie LOL.

AJ said...

So sweet! I love the conversion :).

Ali said...

Love this photo. You can almost feel the magic!

Alice said...

great photo - love it in B&W - and she's so intent :)

thanks for stopping by my page - i appreciate it!

Williams Family said...

She is beautiful. I love the photo and I think it is perfect in B&W.Good job!
April
shutterbus.net

Stylist A said...

So adorable!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful! And I love that movie :-)

Amanda said...

What gorgeous cheeks she has!